Thursday, July 9, 2015

On Days Like These

I have three young kiddos.

(It is so very hard to be 2... especially when your Daddy broke apart your mandarin orange and you wanted to do it for yourself. So. hard.)
I am a new homeschooling mom.


I have a house to keep (semi) clean.


I have meals to cook (THREE. times. a. day. Sheesh.).


And, 2-3 days a week I also have a job outside of home.

None of this is unique to me. And what all moms know is how this normal stuff can sometimes seem so. overwhelming. Sometimes all these good things can start to swallow me up, especially in the tough moments where everyone is crying & climbing on me, the dog is barking to get out, the phone is ringing, and the pot of mac & cheese (insert mom-guilt for it not being something healthier) is over-boiling on the stove. 

But in the last few months, especially through those drowning moments - God showed me something I really needed to experience for myself to truly appreciate.

And that is that He is in the midst of it.

And so He has moved me to embrace the tough. Embrace the place where I am not enough

Because God steps in when we stretch out our arms and our spirits cry out that we need Him. every. single. hour. And some days, every stinkin' minute.

And then, just like that... there He is. Faithful. Bringing His kind of peace.  And it it good enough to want more of it.

Matthew 5:3 (Message version)
"You’re blessed when you’re at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God."

So bring it on, late nights and too early mornings. Bring it on, glitter. Bring it on, dog and your muddy paw prints. Bring it on, tantrums and messy faces and big wild hugs that are so sweet but sometimes hurt. Bring it on, loud crazy days. Because He is in the middle of it all and that is so good.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I LOVE that verse. Being a Momma is no easy job, but so worth it... even on the crazy days. :)

    ReplyDelete