Friday, August 19, 2016

A New School Year


We have kicked off a new school year!

Canaan is in the 1st grade, and both Ezra and Lainey are in preschool! We are starting our Charlotte Mason journey, with a little bit of Montessori phonics and math thrown in for the little ones. Just one week in and I am so amazed at the difference following Charlotte Mason has made for us all. I have found we have so much more peace, and we are accomplishing so much more than we were able to last year!

I am also getting to experience teaching the kids without the insomnia (paired with chronic fatigue) and pain that I have been experiencing for years (thank you, God!). This has made a huge difference and has enabled me to find so much more joy in our normal everyday!

In addition to our school at home, Canaan will again be going to a local Christian school two days a week while I am working, and we also have Ezra going three days a week to our church's preschool. He has the most AMAZING teacher and during orientation it was so surreal sitting in the same room that Canaan learned in just a few years ago. During that year in early 2014, we were matched with Lainey, and Canaan shared a "picture" of her on P / Pajama day! I dug up that little memory on our old blog here.

I'm SO excited about this year. It's amazing how this life you never expect is sometimes just around the corner. Homeschooling just fits us right now in this stage of our lives, and God has given me such a passion for teaching my kids. It's such a privilege and a joy to be able to have this time with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment